The Grammy’s decided to not have any “near” nudity outfits allowed this year. Let’s have a review of some celebrities who wore some “barely” there or “it’s about to fall out” outfits.
This month’s, the focus will be on boundaries. If you are like me, you may have an issue with it. It’s hard to say no to some people. When doing that, you tend to lose control in some areas of your life. Can you relate to what I am saying?
I am currently reading a book called Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. I highly recommend this book to those who have an issue setting boundaries in their life.
Don’t know if you are having issues with setting boundaries? The book asked the following questions if you ever found yourself wondering:
- Can I set limits and still be a loving person?
- How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money?
- Why do I feel guilty when I consider setting boundaries?
Some of you may be thinking, “What exactly are boundaries when pertaining to me?”. Well, the book states that they “are personal property lines that define who you are and who you are not, and influence all areas of your life.”
The book discusses three types of boundaries: Physical, Mental and Emotional.
Physical boundaries help you to determine who may touch you and under what circumstance.
Mental boundaries give you the freedom to have your own thoughts and opinions.
Emotional boundaries help you deal with your own emotions and disengage from the harmful, manipulative emotions of others.
Does any of this sound familiar? Can you relate to any of this? Do you need help in setting boundaries in your life? Well this book is for you!
Here’s the book information and may it be a blessing in your life:
Softcover, Workbook: $12.99
Can you use a coupon for this? YES! Visit Family Christian website to see what coupon to use, if they have free shipping and so much more!
I am currently on a journey to embracing the word “no”. I have so many stories I can share on this topic, I could write my own book! It’s a journey that’s slow, especially when you are dealing with folks close to you. I know, with continued effort, I will soon have boundaries that I won’t regret.
You just can’t please everybody, you know?
Are you having issues with setting boundaries? What are they? Have you conquered the setting boundaries with family and friends? Share your thoughts and stories with us. We would love to know what’s on your mind.
Until next time…
I sometimes wonder, how would it be if I never existed? Weird huh? But, it’ll make you think. Seriously, think about it.
I wondered what happened if my mom never met my dad or if my mom decided, dare I say it, abort me! (:o) Reality is, those are valid questions. Am I right? It is what it is. So, now…how would it be if I never existed? Let’s do a run down shall we?
- I would have missed out on two of the GREATEST parents ever!
- My brother wouldn’t have a sister like me.
- My children wouldn’t have ever been born.
- In my Willie Nelson voice, “To all the men I loved before” wouldn’t have had a chance to love an awesome person like me! Yeah, I am pretty awesome! WOOT!
- My friends wouldn’t have had a friend like me.
- My church would have been one less of a fantastic worker!
- My jobs wouldn’t have progressed as much.
- My high school alumni association wouldn’t have a hard working board member that kicks behind on every task!
- Campaigns would have been won!
- Those who wanted to commit suicide just might have.
- Those who needed money might not have gotten it when they needed it.
- Those who needed someone to talk to wouldn’t have had someone at that time.
- Those who needed a place to stay because they had no where else to go may have been homeless.
- I wouldn’t have lupus.
- I wouldn’t be an auntie.
- I wouldn’t be here to help those who are ALWAYS needing help…FOR FREE! LOL
- I wouldn’t be here to piss some people off! LOLOLOL
- I wouldn’t be here to make people laugh when they needed.
- I wouldn’t be here to console those who needed it.
- I wouldn’t be typing this.
Wow, the list can go on! But because of God’s purpose for my life, He blessed my mom and dad with their first child together and allowed her to be born LaShawnda Denise Wrice. I was daddy’s little girl and mama’s bestfriend and homie, even till this day.
As I sit here and type this, tears are building up in my eyes. Why? Because when I look back over my life, I have had some awesome experiences and I continue to have many memorable moments.
The moments I cherish the most is with my family. I look forward to seeing my daughters. I can tolerate my brother…. sometimes. LOLOL But I love him to pieces. And I look forward to hanging out with my bestfriend and homie every weekend, my mama!
I often wonder how would it have been to have my dad alive, especially now. Man, it would have been some good times and I am sure some not so good, but what life is perfect? He was my bestfriend and what time he was on this earth, he instilled so much in me that to this day, I still tell everyone about my dad. He is still in my heart and I miss so much.
Ok, kinda went off the wagon there for a moment. 🙂
All in all, we are all here for a reason and whether you were born with both parents or one, you have a purpose on your life. You are here for a reason. You were born because someone loved you! IF you were adopted, you were so loved, that your mom wanted what was best for you. I know, sounds cliche’, but it’s the truth. Trust me, I know.
Love is what got me here. Love is what I give and show daily. Love is what I love to receive. And because of love, I AM HERE!
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are currently working on a new blog.
We should be up and running by February 5, 2012.
Come back then and we look forward to your participation.